Mit der Software will der Autor eine kostenlose Alternative zu den bekannten kommerziellen Programmen Partition Magic, Drive Image und Norton Ghost bieten. Bisher steht jedoch nur ein beschränkter Funktionsumfang zur Verfügung und es existieren einige Einschränkungen. Informationen dazu, lassen sich auf der Hersteller-Seite einsehen.
- Copy and paste partitions, on the same disk or disk-to-disk.
- The "move partition" operation now allows the user to press the 'Cancel' button as long as no data from the original partition location has (yet) been overwritten.
- Formatting FAT filesystems now allows the user to specify a FAT filesystem subtype (default, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32).
- The "list types" and "set type" dialogs now display the partition types in a clickable list box selection; The user no longer has to type a hex code to set the type.
- Lots of GUI enhancements including "mouse enter" and "mouse exit" events for windows, per-window mouse pointers, code improvements to the implementation of window component levels, and improved event handling.
- Re-engineered the Visopsys kernel's USB subsystem and UHCI host controller driver and re-enabled basic USB support by default.
- Added the ability to do FPU state saves and restores.
- The floppy disk driver now does better memory management of its list of disks, devices, driver data, etc.
- Fixed: Divide-by-zero fault in the kernel's random number code, caused by any call to the rand() C library function.
- Fixed: The 'cat' and 'more' commands were crashy.
- Fixed: Closing the Command Window program could occasionally cause system crashes.
- Fixed: Booting could fail (system crash) when the (FAT) root filesystem was nearly full.
- Fixed: A bug in the formatting function was preventing it from offering the choice 'none' (no filesystem/clobber).
- Fixed: Creating logical partitions could cause page fault exceptions when writing the changes.
- Fixed: Formatting a too-large disk as FAT12 caused a divide-by-zero fault.
- Fixed: Clicking on a context menu item that didn't fall within the bounds of its parent window had no effect.
- Fixed: When resizing the Partition Logic window, the partition diagram didn't completely redraw its entire width.
- Fixed: When the Display Settings program was used to set the global colors, there were some window components whose colors were changing incorrectly including icons, lists, and menu items/list items.
Lizenztyp: Open Source (GNU General Public License)
Download: partlogic-0.65-iso.zip (4,3 Mb)