- Added support for a new flat file format for Widgets which permits signing or Widget code to enhance security.
- Added preference to control whether or not the Widget Engine automatically starts up when your system starts.
- Implemented importNode() from the Level 2 DOM spec.
- Implemented widget.extractFile( path ) API to allow people with flat file Widgets to extract files for use. For example, we need this internally to play sound files since we can only play sounds that are in files. This API extracts files to the 'widget data' folder. It does not extract folders. Also, this API always overwrites any other file in the widget data folder of the same name. It is up to the caller to deal with this.
- Implemented new security block. For yahooLogin() to work now, you must put the APIs you connect to in this block. This will break any existing Widgets that use yahooLogin(), but the fix is simple: add the block.
- We now warn if you have multiple preference groups with the same name defined in XML.
- Found/fixed a bug where no tags or attributes were ever being reported as unrecognized.
- Allow null parameter to be passed to Send() in XMLHttpRequest for compatibility with other browsers.
- Fixed bug in replaceChild() where we weren't properly throwing an exception if you attempted to move a node from one document to another.
- Fixed crash when calling string() in XPath.
- Modified the invalid character exception in the XML Parser to print out the hex value of the bad character to give the caller a clue what it found that it didn't like.
- Fixed problem where 'this' was not being set in a context menu's onSelect function.
- Fixed issues when garbage collecting where we might try to create objects.
- Allow -1 as a valid h/vOffset for an object. If you want true 'auto' behavior, set the offsets to null. Also, if you don't specify a h/vOffset, the Widget will return null, not -1.
- Added widget.getLocalizedString().
- By popular demand: implemented /clear in the debug window.
Put up an alert if we encounter a Widget with no
block to let the user know that the Widget will not be able to connect to Yahoo! feeds.
- Added /tracethrow to the debug window to help figure out where exceptions come from.
- Added widget.locale to get the current language/locale that a Widget is running in.
Download: widgetsus.exe (0,5 Mb)