- Windows Support. Now use Windows XP and 2000.
- Auto-sync with iPod. Over FireWire or USB 2.0.
- iTunes Music Store. Buy and get music instantly.
- More Great Music. 400,000 tracks by the end of October including over 100,000 from 200 independent labels.
- AAC Encoding. Encode in MP3 or pristine AAC.
- On-The-Go Playlists. Make playlists on your iPod that sync back to iTunes.
- Cross-Platform Sharing. Share your music among Macs and PCs on local network (for personal use).
- Disc Spanning. Back up your music collection on multiple CDs or DVDs.